Dec 01, 2022
In addition to being offered on Northern State University's main campus (Aberdeen, SD), this major is also available online.
Students majoring in international business must also complete business core courses and meet School of Business exit requirements.
Exit Requirements for Business Majors
In addition to Northern State University graduation requirements, baccalaureate business majors must:
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of course work in the School of Business at Northern State University. Acceptance of course work completed at other colleges and universities will be evaluated by the Dean.
- Take School of Business exit exam
Foreign Language (8 credits)
Cultural Experience and/or Additional Foreign Language (6-8 credits)
- Intermediate Foreign Language I 3-4 credits
- Intermediate Foreign Language II 3-4 credits
- Student Exchange-International
EXCH 289 , EXCH 389 , or EXCH 489 1-8 credits
Cultural, Political, Geographic Studies (6 credits)
Choose two (2) courses from the three different areas. Second course cannot be from the same area. (i.e., if first course is from Area 1, second course must be Area 2 or 3.)
Area 1 - Cultural Studies
Area 2 - Political Studies
Area 3 - Geographic Studies
International Business (12 credits)
Electives (Choose two): (6 credits)
* If EXCH course is used to satisfy the Cultural Experience/Additional Foreign Language requirement, it can not be used to satisfy electives.
General Education Requirements
Baccalaureate degrees - 30 credits
Associate degrees - 24 credits
Goal #1: Written Communication (6 credits Baccalaureate/Associate)
Student enrollment in the initial English course is determined by the Board of Regents placement policy (2:7.6).
Goal #2: Oral Communcation (3 credits Baccalaureate/Associate)
Goal #3: Social Sciences (6 credits Baccalaureate/3 credits Associate)
Elementary Education majors and Special Education majors must take POLS 100 , GEOG 210 , HIST 151 or HIST 152 .
Goal #4: Arts and Humanities (6 credits Baccalaureate/3 credits Associate)
Goal #5: Mathematics (3 credits Baccalaureate/Associate)
Student enrollment in the initial Mathematics course is determined by the Board of Regents placement policy (2:7.6).
Goal #6: Natural Sciences (6 credits Baccalaureate/3 Credits Associate)
Associate Degree Flexibility (3 credits)
Students have the flexibility to select an additional three credits from Goal #3, #4, or #6 with courses selected from different disciplinary prefixes.
Degree Requirements (BA) - 9 credits
Arts and Humanities (6 credits)
Two additional courses from those listed in General Education Requirements Goal #4. The courses must be from different disciplines than those selected to satisfy General Education Requirements Goal #4.
A total of four courses are required for the BA degree:
- At least one course must be in the fine arts (ART, ARTH, MUS, THEA).
- At least one course must be in literature (ENGL).
- At least one course must be in a foreign language.
- At least one course must be in Western Civilization (HIST 121 or HIST 122 )
Total Degree: 120 Credits