Nov 30, 2022
No grade below a "C" will be accepted in a course taken to fulfill the Political Science requirements.
Political Philosophy (3 credits)
Advanced American Government (3 credits)
Security Studies (3 credits)
- POLS 207 - Introduction to Homeland Security 3 credits
- POLS 403 - Counterterrorism and Cyber Security 3 credits
- POLS 454 - International Law and Organization 3 credits
- POLS 455 - International Human Rights 3 credits
International Relations/Comparative Politics (3 credits)
Political Science Electives (9 credits)
General Education Requirements
Baccalaureate degrees - 30 credits
Associate degrees - 24 credits
Goal #1: Written Communication (6 credits Baccalaureate/Associate)
Student enrollment in the initial English course is determined by the Board of Regents placement policy (2:7.6).
Goal #2: Oral Communcation (3 credits Baccalaureate/Associate)
Goal #3: Social Sciences (6 credits Baccalaureate/3 credits Associate)
Elementary Education majors and Special Education majors must take POLS 100 , GEOG 210 , HIST 151 or HIST 152 .
Goal #4: Arts and Humanities (6 credits Baccalaureate/3 credits Associate)
Goal #5: Mathematics (3 credits Baccalaureate/Associate)
Student enrollment in the initial Mathematics course is determined by the Board of Regents placement policy (2:7.6).
Goal #6: Natural Sciences (6 credits Baccalaureate/3 Credits Associate)
Associate Degree Flexibility (3 credits)
Students have the flexibility to select an additional three credits from Goal #3, #4, or #6 with courses selected from different disciplinary prefixes.
Degree Requirements (BA) - 9 credits
Arts and Humanities (6 credits)
Two additional courses from those listed in General Education Requirements Goal #4. The courses must be from different disciplines than those selected to satisfy General Education Requirements Goal #4.
A total of four courses are required for the BA degree:
- At least one course must be in the fine arts (ART, ARTH, MUS, THEA).
- At least one course must be in literature (ENGL).
- At least one course must be in a foreign language.
- At least one course must be in Western Civilization (HIST 121 or HIST 122 )
Total Degree: 120 Credits