With a career in athletic training, you'll help athletes achieve their maximum potential in health and performance. While pre-athletic training is not a major itself, we'll match you with a degree program and the necessary coursework required to prepare you for admission into a school of athletic training.
This program will be a good fit if you are:
- Driven and committed, wanting to pass knowledge along and stay on top of latest research
- Personable, with good communication skills; a lot of daily contact
- Adaptable and dependable; not a typical schedule and many demands can be placed with little notice
- Invested in helping others and seeing them succeed
- Caring, compassionate and empathetic; people that are in it for the long-term well being of others are needed in these positions
- Hands-on, and skilled at monitoring/assessing
With an athletic training degree, you could work in:
- High school athletic training
- University athletic training
- Sports medicine clinic athletic training
- Medical and rehab clinic athletic training
Students in our pre-athletic training program often major in:
And minor in:
The pre-professional program in athletic training is designed to prepare the student to complete initial course requirements for entrance into an approved undergraduate athletic training curriculum program. Students may apply for admission into an approved program during the spring of their sophomore year, or they may complete a four-year degree at Northern State University and apply for admission into an approved graduate athletic training program leading to certification in athletic training.