Feb 02, 2023
In addition to being offered on Northern State University’s main campus (Aberdeen, SD), this major is also available online.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will recognize the tools to lead more diverse, inclusive and equitable organizations. (Cross-curricular Skill: Diversity, Inclusion, Equity)
- Students will develop analytical and decision-making skills. (Cross-curricular Skill: Critical and Creative Thinking)
- Students will develop a sense of professional ethical standards and social responsibility. (Cross-curricular Skill: Ethical Reasoning)
- Students will develop effective teamwork skills. (Cross-curricular Skill: Teamwork)
- Students will be able to create strategic solutions to business problems. (Cross-curricular Skill: Problem Solving)
- Students will refine their skills to motivate, lead, and develop others within an organization.
Exit Requirements for Business Majors
In addition to Northern State University graduation requirements, baccalaureate business majors must:
- Complete a minimum of 30 semester hours of course work in the School of Business at Northern State University. Acceptance of course work completed at other colleges and universities will be evaluated by the Dean.
- Take School of Business exit exam
Students majoring in management must also complete business core courses and meet School of Business exit requirements.
Choose one emphasis: (9 credits)
General Management Emphasis:
Choose three courses from the list below. May not be taken with either Entrepreneurship or Leadership Emphases.
Supply Chain Management Emphasis
Recommendation for General Education Goal #5 (MATH 114):
It is recommended that MATH 114 or higher be taken to fulfill GE Goal #5.
General Education Requirements
Baccalaureate degrees - 30 credits
Associate degrees - 24 credits
Goal #1: Written Communication (6 credits Baccalaureate/Associate)
Student enrollment in the initial English course is determined by the Board of Regents placement policy (2:7.6).
Goal #2: Oral Communcation (3 credits Baccalaureate/Associate)
Goal #3: Social Sciences (6 credits Baccalaureate/3 credits Associate)
Elementary Education majors and Special Education majors must take POLS 100 , GEOG 210 , HIST 151 or HIST 152 .
Goal #4: Arts and Humanities (6 credits Baccalaureate/3 credits Associate)
Goal #5: Mathematics (3 credits Baccalaureate/Associate)
Student enrollment in the initial Mathematics course is determined by the Board of Regents placement policy (AAC Guidelines 7.6).
Goal #6: Natural Sciences (6 credits Baccalaureate/3 Credits Associate)
Associate Degree Flexibility (3 credits)
Students have the flexibility to select an additional three credits from Goal #3, #4, or #6 with courses selected from different disciplinary prefixes.
Degree Requirements (BS) - 9 credits
Quantitative Course (3 credits)
A course in Mathematics with a pre-requisites of MATH 114 or higher.
Additional Course (3 credits)
TOTAL DEGREE: 120 CREDITS