Students who graduate with an undergraduate Sport Marketing and Administration (BS) degree from NSU, and who have taken PE 511 , PE 512 , PE 514 , and PE 567 or an undergraduate Human Performance (BS) , and who have taken HLTH 522 , PE 510 , PE 557 , and PE 582 can complete the Sport Performance and Leadership (MSEd) degree in one year (Fall, Spring, Summer semesters.)
The MSEd in Sport Performance and Leadership includes core courses in the eight graduate content areas established by the North American Society for Sport Management (NASSM). Students preparing to work in sport-related fields will gain the professional knowledge, skills, and behaviors necessary to address a wide variety of circumstances within the sport context. Students enrolled in the Sport Performance and Leadership program will develop competence in sport, responsibility and integrity, ethical character, professional practice, and a commitment to service.
Career directions: coaching (prerequisite: major/minor in Health, Physical Education or coaching or equivalent experience), professional education.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Graduate students will demonstrate a commitment to the field through networking, applied learning opportunities, and professional behavior/practice.
- Graduate students will critically evaluate research related to sports performance and leadership and its impact on athlete development, health, and performance.
- Graduate students will demonstrate competency in sport leadership, organization, management, law, ethics, finance, and marketing.
- Graduate students will demonstrate ethical character, display professional standards, and responsibly apply classroom concepts within the field of sport.
- Graduate students will demonstrate an appreciation for diversity and inclusiveness in the discipline of sport.